Don’t forget that Kennington Association Tai Chi is still meeting
twice a week in Kennington Park and at Oval Cricket Ground. More info
1. The Magpie Kitchen, pop-up restaurant at Roots and Shoots (14, 15,
16 and 21, 22, 23 May)
2. Fish and Chips on sale for 99p at The Windmill Fish and Chip Shop
(Sat 17th May)
3. Volunteer Gardening at Kennington Park (Sat 17th May)
4. Paula Coston at Durning Library (Mon 19th May)
5. One Nine Elms Development – Neighbourhood Liaison Meeting
concerning demolition of 1, Nine Elms – (Wed 21st May)
6. Restoring Murals on Lambeth Walk (Sat 24th May)
7. Next KA Executive Meeting (all members welcome). (Wed 28th May)
8. Take part in Market Research into Alcohol consumption and NHS
services for £35. (Wed 28th May)
9. Gasworks – Dependency exhibition (Preview 19th June)
10. Kennington Park Dog Walk questionnaire
11. Vauxhall Dram & Smoke Pop-up Restaurant (during summer)
1. The Magpie Kitchen, a pop-up restaurant at Roots and Shoots will
be appearing on 14, 15, 16 and 21, 22, 23 May) from 7.30pm – 10pm with
dinner at 8pm. Food freshly prepared by chef Phillip Costen in one of
London’s most beautiful garden settings. Three courses are offered for
£ 15 3 courses for £15 and 2 courses for £13. Guests can bring their
own wine. Tickets here:
2. On Saturday 17th May, The Windmill Fish and Chip shop will be
selling cod and chips all day for only 99p.
3. Dig it! There will be volunteer gardening at Kennington Park on
Sat 17th May 2.30- 5pm. All welcome. Tools provided. Meet outside
4. Author Paula Coston heads the next Readers and Writers event on
Monday 19 May at Durning Library, Kennington – More info:
5. Demolition of the One Nine Elms building is due to take place in
May (you may wish to inform anyone in the Vauxhall neighbour hood).
The developers behind the One Nine Elms development wish to invite
residents to a Demolition and Construction Neighbourhood Liaison group
meeting which is taking place on Wednesday 21st May 2014 from 6:30pm
at the Market Towers site office. The meeting will be a chance to
discuss the demolition works taking place on site over the next few
months in detail with the contractors and members of the development
team. If there are any issues accessing the site please call Chris
Rumsey on 07915813364.
If you are able to attend the meeting please respond to
email@example.com to register. If you have any questions or
would like any further information on the One Nine Elms development
please do not hesitate to contact us at 020 7871 3565.
More info here: http://www.onenineelms.co.uk/NLONE.pdf
6. On Saturday 24th May (see attached poster), Creative Sparkworks
and Ethelred TMO have partnered to restore the Lambeth Walk murals.
They have an event to take place on Lambeth Walk from 10am to 2pm.
It’s a family event and will be an ice cream van, pony, pearly king
and queen, film, food, local history, the original artists, the London
mural preservation society, painting etc.
7. The next KA Executive meeting will take place on Wednesday 28th
May at 7pm at Lollard Street Adventure Playground. It’s open to all
members (feel free to pop in and say “hi”). we really need to add a
few more members to the Exec Committee so that we can carry out our
functions more effectively locally.
8. If you live in SE11 4 or SE17 3 and are between 24 and 30 years
old and are available on Wed 28th May between 19.30 – 21.30 for a two
hour focus group session on alcohol consumption and awareness of
alcohol focus group, please contact Theresa Dow 07956 899 039 or
firstname.lastname@example.org – There is a payment of £35 for your
9. At Gasworks art gallery –
from 20 June – 3 August 2014 (Preview: Thursday 19 June, 6.30 – 8.30pm)
Group exhibition Dependency explores the “lengthening chains of
according to German sociologist Norbert Elias, bind the micro and
macro realms of social life.
Presenting works by Patricia L Boyd, Moyra Davey, Melanie Gilligan and
Marianne Wex, which all attempt to situate specific objects or actions
within broader sociopolitical frameworks, the show reflects upon how
material and ideological constructs, from the economy to patriarchy,
implicate even the most routine aspects of the day-to-day.
10. Somebody has posted a questionnaire on Twitter about the Dog Walk
section of Kennington Park as it’s due to have to be moved to allow
for the Northern Line Extension. If you wish to fill it out (even if
you don’t have a dog), you can here: https://t.co/shY5xdSYfl
11. Throughout the summer, a pop-up restaurant (Dram & Smoke) will be
present in Vauxhall at a Steel yard (4 Durham Street) offering 6
courses of Scottish food. Tickets are £40. More info here: